Selasa, 13 Desember 2011

Accurate Description

Delphi FG0052 Fuel Pump Module

Delphi FG0052 Fuel Pump Module

Arrived quickly! Packaged really well and all the parts were there. This fuel pump went into my 1999 Chevy Blazer V6 2 wheel drive with a plastic fuel tank. I've never replaced a fuel pump before but most shops here wanted between $500-$1000 to do it. No way I was paying that. It only took me about 4 hours to do the job. Really not very difficult at all if you don't mind getting dirty. You will need to change the plug to the newer style that comes with the new pump. I chose to solder mine but it does come with butt connectors which would work fine too. It was more of an awkward job especially getting the fuel tank back into place. If you have a buddy it would help a lot. I saved a bunch of cash and I got a sense of accomplishment in doing it myself.

If you plan to tackle this job here are my suggestions: If you don't have access to a lift get your truck as high up as possible on ramps or jackstands. Drain the fuel tank completely before dropping it. (also makes it much easier to get it back up under the truck) Remove the spare tire from underneath the truck to get more space to work. There are 3 fuel lines that are hooked to the fuel pump. Two of the lines have plastic clips which you need to squeeze together to pull the lines off. Be careful not to break the plastic clips that are on the fuel pump because you will need to remove them from the old pump and reuse them on the new pump.

Get your Delphi FG0052 Fuel Pump Module Now!

1 komentar:

  1. Connector plug on top of fuel pump module had four (4) wires-BLACK/WHITE~GRAY~PURPLE~BLACK. Fuel pump stopped working. Removed fuel tank and discovered the GRAY wire connector on top of fuel pump had burned contact on both sides of connector, however the wire was not burned up, just a little discolor near connector. Replaced fuel pump module with Delphi FG0052 (correct for the 4dr. model). The new pump came with a new connector. Carefully matched up wires as per instructions, reinstalled tank, added gasoline, installed fuel cap, vehicle started right up! However, after about a 20 minute test drive around town, I pulled in the driveway and smelled burned wire at the driver side rear wheel, where the tank is located. Have not yet removed the tank but I'm almost positive I will find another burned connector. Someone said the gray wire is the "power" wire. Could the cause be that the BLACK or "ground" wire is not properly grounded? HELP! These fuel pump modules are expensive and I need my vehicle running! Thank you in advance.

    BalasHapus