Jumat, 30 September 2011

Wiring harness

Metra 70 1858 Radio Wiring Harness

Metra 70 1858 Radio Wiring Harness

I needed help from the Metra company so I called them for assistance. The first time, the man was rude and assumed I new all the technical language. This was very frustrating and I almost returned the control. When I called the second time, I was connected to the same guy. I do not know who he is but he is just plain rude! Anyway, he was no help and I solved the problem through other means.

The Universal Steering Wheel Control works GREAT! I have it connected to a Sony reciever.

Here is what I needed to know:
-the Axxess Metra Universal Steering Wheel Control wiring harness has a pink wire that needed to be directly spliced into the factory wiring harness. I spliced it into the purple with orange stripe factory wire (pin 14, counting from the top row left to right 1-11, the second row left to right 12-22).

-I used the Metra wiring harness that is compatible with the Chrysler/Jeep factory harness for my 2004 Jeep Liberty. There is not any wire on that harness to splice the pink wire into.

-the Sony installation instructions show a blue wire to be connected to the power antenna and/or the power amp. But, if you do not have either, then connect it to the red wire or your speakers will not work. The blue wire powers the internal amp in the reciever for the speakers.

Get your Metra 70 1858 Radio Wiring Harness Now!

2 komentar:

  1. i have a 1996 pontiac trans am with the stock monsoon radio, i wanted to know what wiring harness and other junk is needed to INSTALL the dvd/cd player? thanks

    BalasHapus
  2. i took of all the screws and everything else took the factory installed one looked at the back and there was like a buncha cords but the player that i have is just a plug with like 7 prongs what should i do?

    BalasHapus